Hi all,

I'm having some trouble with an older (3.14.52) kernel and an AR9462 and
hoping for some advice.

With the older kernel, I'm seeing almost immediate disconnects from both
2.4 and 5GHz networks, regardless of whether I have security enabled or
not.

After some flailing around, I ran the same on kernel 4.6.3 and found
that the problem doesn't occur. The network is nice and stable.

Looking for an easy button for back-porting, I found the 4.2.6 packaged
version of back-ports. It required some manual edits before compiling,
but also seems to have the same trouble. The adapter loses connection
immediately after connection, with logs very similar to what Ben Greear
reported here:

        http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/hostap/2016-January/034599.html

The kernel integration approach for backports has me dumbfounded and
appears to have issues pulling from 4.6.3 all the way back to 3.10.52
or 3.10.67.
   https://backports.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Documentation/integration

Does anyone on the list know how I might get a more recent back-ports
binary, or even better, which patches in the 4.2.6-4.6.3 range might
be likely suspects.

BTW, Google site search doesn't appear to function against the
ath9k-devel mailing list.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Eric Nelson