I know some guys who would gladly marry her. In fact, I’m sure some think they
already have. LOL.
Nancy Lynn seabreeze....@gmail.com
From: Denny Huff
Sent: Sunday, April 09, 2017 6:26 AM
To: Adaptive technology information and support.
Subject: [ATI] Alexa

I know some of you have the Alexa so I thought I would share some commands you
can use with her.

Getting Amazon's virtual assistant's attention when using connected speakers is
quite simple. All you need to say is "Alexa" and she is ready to execute

your command. Let's start with the basics.

Basic commands

list of 6 items

• Alexa, help

• Alexa, mute

• Alexa, unmute

• Alexa, stop

• Alexa, turn up/down the volume

• Alexa, go to sleep

list end

Alarm clock and calendar

list of 12 items

• Alexa, what time is it?

• Alexa, what's the date?

• Alexa, set an alarm for 6 a.m.

• Alexa, snooze

• Alexa, set a repeating alarm for 6 a.m. weekdays

• Alexa, when's my next alarm?

• Alexa, cancel my alarm for 8 a.m.

• Alexa, cancel all alarms

• Alexa, set a timer for 30 minutes

• Alexa, set a second timer for 10 minutes

• Alexa, add an event to my calendar

• Alexa, what's on my calendar for today?

list end

Flash Briefings

A Flash Briefing is a quick overview of news and other content that you can
discover and enable in the Skills section of the Alexa app. Alexa reads text

or plays audio content provided by each enabled skill. Flash Briefing's
typically become a regular part of your day.

list of 6 items

• Alexa, give me my Flash Briefing

• Alexa, what's in the news?

• Alexa, open USA Today (Go ahead, ask her to find my articles, Kim Komando in
the Tech section, too )

• Alexa, next

• Alexa, previous

• Alexa, pause

list end

Local and traffic information

list of 6 items

• Alexa, how is traffic?

• Alexa, what's my commute like?

• Alexa, what restaurants are nearby?

• Alexa, what are the hours for the grocery store?

• Alexa, is the pharmacy open?

• Alexa, what time is the movie, "Rogue One" playing?

list end

Weather

list of 7 items

• Alexa, what's the temperature?

• Alexa, will it snow tomorrow?

• Alexa, what's the forecast for this weekend?

• Alexa, what's the weather in Seattle?

• Alexa, what will the weather be like in New York tomorrow?

• Alexa, is it going to rain today?

• Alexa, what's the extended forecast for Las Vegas?

list end

Smart home commands

list of 9 items

• Alexa, discover my smart home devices

• Alexa, connect to my phone

• Alexa, Bluetooth - this will pair a Bluetooth gadget

• Alexa, turn on the lights

• Alexa, turn on the TV

• Alexa, raise the temperature 5 degrees

• Alexa, set the temperature to 75

• Alexa, lock my front door

• Alexa, tell Geneva to preheat my oven to 350 degrees - You can control GE
appliances with the Geneva skill

list end

Music commands

list of 17 items

• Alexa, play my Oldies playlist

• Alexa, play the Top Pop station

• Alexa, what's playing?

• Alexa, what's this song?

• Alexa, play music by Elvis

• Alexa, play the top songs this week

• Alexa, turn it up/down

• Alexa, stop the music

• Alexa, resume

• Alexa, shuffle my new music

• Alexa, play the Frank Sinatra station on Pandora

• Alexa, add this song to my Prime Music library

• Alexa, play some blues

• Alexa, shop for new music by Ed Sheeran

• Alexa, what's popular from U2?

• Alexa, play samples by Louis Armstrong

• Alexa, buy Nevermind by Nirvana

list end

Order products from Amazon

list of 7 items

• Alexa, order laundry detergent

• Alexa, buy bathroom tissue

• Alexa, reorder toothpaste

• Alexa, add protein bars to my cart

• Alexa, track my order

• Alexa, where's my stuff?

• Alexa, order an Echo Dot

list end

To-do lists

list of 5 items

• Alexa, create a to-do list

• Alexa, I need to make a doctor appointment

• Alexa, I need to wash clothes

• Alexa, add milk to my shopping list

• Alexa, put get an oil change on my to-do list

list end

Gateway For the Blind LLC.

Denny Huff

PO Box 515

St. Clair, MO  63077

Phone: (636) 428-1500

Fax: 314-558-0298

Email: de...@gatewayfortheblind.com

www.gatewayfortheblind.com

THE GATEWAY TO INDEPENDENCE

ATI (Adaptive Technology Inc.)
A special interest affiliate of the Missouri Council of the Blind
http://moblind.org/membership/affiliates/adaptive_technology