Danny Ayers wrote:

Yes and no - there is demand for this kind of thing, is the RSS 1.0
community the same as the RDF community? There's a lot of additions
around there... Whatever, even with RSS 2.0 there's Easy News Topics
and all the stuff associated with media (enclosures + Yahoo's
extensions) as good examples.

Is the RSS1.0 community relevant, given RSS1.1? I'm sincere in asking this.

My concern there is with extension development outside of the RDF
community. Without some uniform interpretation of the attributes
outside of the context of an Atom document, there's scope for unwanted
interactions. Assigning the things global names (URIs), even if they
aren't explicitly expressed in Atom documents seems a low cost
solution.

Does this help?

Yes, but I think it can be dealt with as outlined above, unless I'm missing something.

Non-RDF extensions.

As I've said, I'm not seeing the demand for uniform evaluation outside an RDF context.

cheers
Bill