Robert Sayre wrote:
So I can not include MathML in the TITLE of my weblog? I do not see why this restriction is necessary.

Nope. Can any aggregator display it? I wonder if Shrook users are filling Graham's inbox with requests for MathML in their titles.

Addressed in a separate thread.

In Europe there are lots of different languages. It does not make sense to provide a feed based on language negotiation since feed aggregators do not support that.

There are lots of different languages in America, too!

I thought the only official language was en-US?

Either Atom should provide support for multiple languages or we should address something like feed language negotiation in the specification.

If what you say is true, then aggregators don't support multiple alternatives at all right now. Content Negotiation is covered by RFC2616.

I believe most support content negotiation. However, I do not believe they send out an Accept-Language header.

I think "version" should be dropped. We can always add it later.

True. But that does not help current aggregators. At least, they will not reject new feeds. They will just found out they can not parse them at some point.

The namespace will change.

Only for the elements that are changed?

-- Anne van Kesteren <http://annevankesteren.nl/>