Tim Bray wrote:

On Jan 30, 2005, at 7:58 AM, Bill de hÓra wrote:

** 4.15 The "atom:content"

[[[
 atom:entry elements MUST contain zero or one atom:content elements.
]]]

proposal: I would like this loosened to zero or more (a Pace is forthcoming). I have use cases to ship content about in Irish and English form - Zero or One means I need a private content model to support that.

-1. This has been beaten to death.

Agree. -1. Bill needs a private content model. Removing the content model from Atom will not fix that. I suggest something like "text/bill+xml". Making general-purpose feeds available where one consumer will only ever use half of the content is bad practice. Use two resources. If we were looking for a way to make the bandwidth problem much, much worse, this would be one way.

Robert Sayre