On Jan 30, 2005, at 12:21 PM, Julian Reschke wrote:

The issues were collected after reading the spec top-to-bottom, and trying to produce an Atom-05 feed from an existing RSS-1.0 feed through XSLT. Most of them are editorial.

Good stuff, Julian.

"If the value of type begins with "text/" or ends with "+xml", the content SHOULD be local; that is to say, no "src" attribute should be provided."

I'm not sure I understand what this is for. It seems to discourage putting XML data out-of-band. Why?

It does. The idea is that textual content is more valuable if it's right there in the feed than if you have to go elsewhere to get it. -Tim