Paul Hoffman wrote:

At 5:11 PM +0000 1/30/05, Graham wrote:

The content of an Identity construct SHOULD NOT be dereferenced, even when it comes from a
normally dereferencable scheme. There is no requirement for the content to represent a URI
where a version of the feed or entry may be found.

I'm +1 on this, but would be fine if the WG doesn't want to change. Graham's wording is more useful to an implementer who wasn't on the mailing list last year (or was on and skipped over the permathreads).

Well, it seems silly to use a dereferencable scheme if you don't want the URI dereferenced. Secondly, I fail to see how dereferencing a URI would cause interop problems.

Robert Sayre