--On Wednesday, February 02, 2005 11:53:29 AM -0700 Antone Roundy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Wednesday, February 2, 2005, at 11:56 AM, Walter Underwood wrote:
We are assuming that Atom will need extensions for new applications,
but it should not need extensions for editing blog entries.

I'd have to disagree. I don't think it inappropriate for elements that exist for use by the publishing protocol to live in a separate namespace from the feed itself. Rather, I think that a clean separation between the two would be desirable. Why require the feed format to be revised if we really just want to alter the publishing protocol?

I'm not talking about altering the publishing protcol, I'm talking about things needed to make 1.0 work. It would seem a little odd if we needed extensions or a 1.1 for the 1.0 publishing protocol.

wunder
--
Walter Underwood
Principal Architect