James Snell wrote:
On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 23:08:43 -0500, Bob Wyman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

       4. Massive changes need to be made to the specification when we
don't have a great deal of time left before we're supposed to be doing a
"Last Call." This is dangerous.

+1. Big +1.

I really regret writing down the religion that format-05 seems to embody. Take a look at PaceEntriesElement. It does not propose a "massive change". It's just *shorter*.

Some quotes from format-05:

"Atom is an XML-based document format which describes lists of related information known as "feeds". Feeds are composed of a number of items, known as "entries", each with an extensible set of attached metadata. For example, each entry has a title."

"The "atom:feed" element is the document (i.e., top-level) element of an Atom Feed Document, acting as a container for metadata and data associated with the feed"

"The "atom:entry" element represents an individual entry."

I really must find out more about this theology that allows one to divine the precise nature of lists, data, metadata, items, containers, and representations.

Robert Sayre