On Feb 4, 2005, at 9:10 AM, Robert Sayre wrote:

My interest is in simplification, not abstraction.  For example,
the draft wastes a lot of text talking in the abstract about
various constructs rather than simply defining one element for
each of those constructs.

Person, Date, and Text constructs all save space because they avoid repetitive requirements, and they match up nicely with the Relax NG. I'm pretty sure the group has agreed to drop Service constructs, and mnot has already moved atom:id into an element definition for -06.

Right, and Brent Simmons, one of the major implementors, published a blog entry talking about how much, as a programmer, he liked the "person" and "link" and so on constructs. -Tim