* Tim Bray <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2005-02-05 08:40-0800]

> >+1.
>
> +1 - I don't care whether we say "MUST NOT", or the other wording
> floating around about "this specification assigns no semantics", but I
> am 100% against assigning any meaning to the order in which things
> appear in the feed.

+1

Although I could've lived with order being declared meaningful. The
worst case is when it isn't clear whether ordering info must be
preserved. Aside: sometimes in RSS1 item order relates to characteristics of
the
things described by the documents in the feed, rather than the docs
directly (eg. job adverts, upcoming movies, ...).

Dan

Dan