--On Monday, February 07, 2005 12:24:15 PM -0800 Paul Hoffman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
At 11:07 AM -0800 2/7/05, Walter Underwood wrote:
-1. I don't see the benefit. Clients MAY re-order them, but that
doesn't mean they MUST ignore the order. The publisher may prefer
an order which cannot be expressed in the attributes. The Macintouch
and BBC New feeds cited before are good examples.

I'm very confused. Clients that show the entries of those feeds in the received order are perfectly acceptable according to the wording of this Pace.

Correct, clients may choose any order, including the original.

This is about the publisher's order preference. The Pace says that
the publisher cannot indicate a preferred order in the Atom format.
The order is not significant.

This is clearly counter to normal use, where the order does have
some meaning. The meaning varies by publisher, but it is usually
significant.

wunder
--
Walter Underwood