On Thursday, March 17, 2005, at 03:21 AM, Thomas Broyer wrote:
Anyway, the -06 spec says XHTML is used in its "basic" flavor (and that's
good! <applause/>), not allowing inline styles (but still the class
attribute) nor the script element.

First, just curious--did we discuss which flavor of XHTML was to be allowed? I'm not familiar enough with the differences to comment on what I'd prefer.

Second, looking at http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/REC-xhtml-basic-20001219/, I see that the style ELEMENT is not supported, but it doesn't say that the style ATTRIBUTE is not supported. By "inline styles", are you referring to only what's done in the style element, and not what's done in the style attribute?