This seems similar to what exists in Really Simply Discoverability in the
individual <api.../> element [1].

-----
# <api> has 4 required attributes.

    * "preferred" is a boolean and takes either "true" or "false". The point is
to allow weblog software to list all the APIs supported, but choose which one
to "recommend" to the client software. Only one API should set as prefered.
-----

This couldn't be another/new attribute on the site feed autodiscovery links? As
opposed to the link rel types proposed below.

-David

[1] - http://archipelago.phrasewise.com/rsd#ODoxNjozMSBBTQdbdb

<snip>