Robert Sayre wrote:
On 4/29/05, Sam Ruby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

== Abstract ==

Encourage interoperability and accessibility by suggesting that key
textual constructs be both present and non-empty.

I'd prefer that a bit more of the rationale made it into the text. Explain why we are saying SHOULD.

Suggestions? Is this something that the editor can handle?

=== section 4.1.2 ===

Add:

  atom:entry elements SHOULD contain an atom:summary element if the
atom:content in the form of atomInlineOtherContent.

This section needs to be reworked. We can't make normative reference to the RNG.

Suggestions? Is this something that the editor can handle?

== Notes ==

In the event that PaceOptionalSummary is adopted, the words "is either
not present or" would need to be added to the proposed addition to
section 4.1.2.

-1 to this.

If PaceOptionalSummary is adopted, the summary will be a MAY, not a
SHOULD. Please put your proposals in the section marked "Proposal".

At the moment, the proposal is based on the existing draft-ietf-atompub-format-08.

PaceOptionalSummary does not introduce a MAY, it removes a crucial MUST -- one that, if removed, would exasperate the problem that PaceTextShouldBeProvided is intended to address.

- Sam Ruby