John Panzer wrote:
Eric Scheid wrote:

On 2/5/05 1:51 AM, "A. Pagaltzis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I would +1 allowing identical IDs if it was required that the
entries sharing an ID had different sources.

perhaps we need to explain the concept of 'entries' (as resources), as distinct from <entry>s (as representations), and explain that 'entries' must have unique IDs, and that the <atom:id> element of any <atom:entry> ties it back to the 'entry' resource. It would then follow that multiple <entry> representations which happen to have the same <atom:id> value are just different representations of the source 'entry', and possibly even different instantiations in time.

e.

+1.

To me, this sounds very much like the following Pace:

  http://www.intertwingly.net/wiki/pie/PaceRepeatIdInDocument

If the current proposal is different, how so?

If not, have people reviewed the discussion that occurred when that particular proposal was brought before the working group?

- Sam Ruby