On 6/5/05 1:53 AM, "Graham" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> This proposal permits this, and it does not harm anyone else.
>
> It harms everyone, by allowing a second, unrelated data model in Atom
> feeds. They may not be posting today, but I assure you, when other
> aggregator authors get the first user complaints about how Eric's
> wiki log displays incompletely in their program, they'll forgive Dave
> Winer everything.

Many wiki's offer options in displaying their change log with either most
recent changes only, or all changes. Both models are commonly supported
because some people want to see notifications of all changes, while others
just want to see the most recent change. That is part of wiki culture, all
the way back to ward's wiki.

It wouldn't be surprising to find the same options made available for wiki
logs in rss. Hey, here's one right now....

    http://www.intertwingly.net/wiki/pie/RecentChanges?action=rss_rc

Apparently, if you add an "unique=1" URL parameter you get a list of changes
where page names are unique, i.e. where only the latest change of each page
is reflected.

e.