--On May 7, 2005 11:29:07 AM +0300 Henri Sivonen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Why would you put line breaks in the CJK source, then? Isn't the "problem"
> solved with the least heuristics by the producer not putting breaks there?

It would be even better if they would just speak English. :-)

White space is not particularly meaningful in some of these languages,
so we cannot expect them to suddenly pay attention to that just so
they can use Atom. There will be plenty of content from other formats
with this linguistically meaningless white space.

If we get this wrong, Atom-delivered content will look broken in
some languages, and a bunch of extra-spec practice will build up about
how to fix it. Much better to get it right in 1.0.

wunder
--
Walter Underwood
Principal Architect, Verity