* James Tauber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2005-05-16 05:45]:
> I believe it is reasonable to:
>
>  1. include a summary element in my full-content feed in
>  addition to the content element; and

Absolutely it is. F.ex, user agents could provide the summary in
addition to the title of an entry in a feed overview pane, and
display either the atom:content or whatever is located at the
atom:[EMAIL PROTECTED]'alternate'] URL when you click an entry.

Compare NetNewsWireâs widescreen view.

> [...] In other words: [...]
>
>  2. "summary-only feed" really means that the included
>  summary/content won't exceed some arbitrary length. If the
>  content is short enough to fit this, I'll use a content
>  element, even though this is a "summary-only" feed because the
>  content is complete---there is no "read more".

Indeed.

These are all reasons that convince me that within possibility
the spec really should try to enforce the distinction: it is an
extraordinarily valuable feature of the format for consumers if
applied consistently.

Aristotle