On 6 Jun 2005, at 16:30, Tim Bray wrote:
On Jun 6, 2005, at 6:12 AM, Henry Story wrote:
I was wondering if I had understood this correctly: a feed can have entries in a number of categories. Each of these categories may themselves have feeds. These category feeds will all have the same id as the main feed,

No! A feed ID is a *unique* identifier. My 'golfing' feed is entirely distinct from my 'chemistry' feed, although they may share some entries. -Tim

Phew! Great. Thanks. That is what I was hoping.

Because I was going to say that if two category feeds could share the same
id and have different titles, then this id would  (to stick to our
resource/representation distinction introduced in the entry id discussion of Atom entries) simultaneously have two different representations of the same type, and so would have a very different behavior to the ids we have associated with
entries.

Henry Story