On Tue, 2005-06-28 at 13:25 -0700, Mark Nottingham wrote:

>     This document specifies mechanisms that allow feed publishers to
> give
>     hints about the nature of the feed's statefulness, and a means of
>     retrieving ^missed^ entries from a stateful feed.

This tries to address my concern earlier, about an author generating
entries, with only one feed.
  I like the basic idea of enabling differentiation between 'stable' and
other feeds.

Now I'm confused about the feed metadata and stability of feed uri's.

Any one site could now have n instances, each being a feed, the only
variant (apart from entries) being the links to previous feeds.
If I'm to say *this* is my feed, I guess I point to the most recent...
which will change over time?

With the example of 15 entries per,

feed1 1..15
feed4 45..60

my 'feed' for my site rolls over from feed1...n as time progresses?

This smells like a kludge to me Mark. I'd *like* to have a single
url which is my feed. Using this logic presented, if I'm going to
chunk my feed then I can't have a stable feed url?

Equally I'm not happy about a moderate blog keeping all entries
in one feed. It won't take long for the instance to become significant
in size.

Dave Pawson
XSLT + Docbook FAQ
http://www.dpawson.co.uk