Paul Hoffman wrote:

OK, I'm backing off of my statement that it is too late to deal with this. Thank you to the people who pointed out that this is directly related to Russ' concern about interop of canonicalization. You are right, and I was being too narrow-minded.

Does anyone object to the following exact wording being added right after the new paragraph on canonicalizing:

Intermediaries such as aggregators may need to add an atom:source element to an entry that does not contain its own atom:source element. If such an entry was signed, the addition will break the signature. Thus, a publisher of individually-signed entries should strongly consider adding an atom:source element to those entries before signing them.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium

This text sounds good.

- James