On Tuesday, July 12, 2005, at 07:23  PM, A. Pagaltzis wrote:
I think what we want to say is that “aggregators consuming this
feed should consider automatically subscribing to the referenced
feed as well,”

Automating feed subscriptions isn't something that should be done too lightly[1]. The default behavior for an aggregator should be NOT to do this, and aggregators should give the user the opportunity to control this feature on a feed-by-feed basis. Some sort of same-source policy (like we see with JavaScripts accessing the pages they're loaded into) might be wise to help prevent abuse, but with lots of feeds getting run through services like FeedBurner, that would be far from sufficient.