On 7/16/05, Sam Ruby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Question: can anybody here quantify the "overhead" of the IETF
> standardization process?  While I certainly would label some of the last
> few weeks "overhead", everything else I attribute to the impact of
> allowing and enabling a wider set of participation.

I hesitate to put a number on it, but our experience included a
ghastly amount of debate on field names. If I were setting up a WG for
something like Media RSS, I would probably rule debate on field names
out of order (realizing that people have to pick something to propose
a *new* feature), and leave field names up to the editors until WG
last call.

Robert Sayre