On Tuesday, July 19, 2005, at 12:29  PM, Antone Roundy wrote:
On Monday, July 18, 2005, at 01:59  AM, Stefan Eissing wrote:
Ch 3. fh:stateful seems to be only needed for a newborn stateful feed. As an alternative one could drop fh:stateful and define that an empty fh:prev (refering to itself) is the last document in a stateful feed. That would eliminate the cases of wrong mixes of fh:stateful and fh:prev.

The problem is that an empty @href in fh:prev is subject to xml:base processing, and who knows what the current xml:base is going to be when you get to it. Is there a way to explicitly make xml:base undefined? If I'm not mistaken xml:base="" doesn't do it--it just adds nothing to the existing xml:base. If there is a way, you could say <link rel="fh"prev" href="" xml:base="[whatever value sets it to "undefined"]" />, but otherwise, using an empty @href is probably overloading the wrong attribute. A different @rel value like "fh:noprev" (with an empty link, since it doesn't matter what it actually points to) might be a step up, but using any kind of link to indicate the lack of a link is a little odd.

Yikes, I should have caught up on the xml:base thread first! Looks like the jury's out, or at least hung, on this issue.