* James M Snell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2005-07-25 20:11]:
> Thoughts?

I kind of like it, but I’m not sure it would be the best choice
in all cases, and thus doubt it would gain much traction.

In the case of Atom, I think it would be nice if we could have
producers generate Atom Entry Documents to go with the response,
and have consumers treat this as a transient entry, to be
remembered only until they next refresh the feed. The entry and
its associated HTTP status should be quite enough for most use
cases.

Heck, even having user agents allow viewing the (usually HTML)
document currently commonly returned with an error response would
be adequate for probably the majority of cases.