James M Snell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> FYI: http://www.snellspace.com/wp/?p=193
>
> Abstract: Proposes two new elements that allow entries to be ordered
> within a feed.

[xml condensed:]

> <feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom";
>          xmlns:o="http://www.snellspace.com/atom/extensions/proposed";>
>   <o:indexed />
>   <entry> ... <o:index>1</o:index></entry>
>   <entry> ... <o:index>2</o:index></entry>
>   <entry> ... <o:index>3</o:index></entry>
> </feed>

Certainly a very interesting idea.  Having implemented openSearch [1] in
my product feeds [2], I'd probably implement this, because it makes
sense and would be very easy to do.  My feeds are actually ordered (and
paged) already, either by onsale date or by top seller, even though
there's no way to indicate this in the XML.

[Actually, it *should* already be in openSearch since that implicitly
expects the feed entries to be ordered corresponding to the feed-level
<openSearch:totalResults> and <openSearch:startIndex> elements.]

Just my 2c.

Regards,

Peter

[1] <http://opensearch.a9.com/spec/opensearchrss/1.0/>