On 12/10/05 7:54 PM, "Pascal Philippe" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I would like to try to understand why we can't have more than one
> atom:content element within an atom:entry element. Could you give me
> the reason of this choice?

IIRC, it was thought it would be too burdensome for developers to cope with
the possibility, first detecting that there are multiple atom:content
elements, and then having to either choose one of the formats they support
or providing mechanisms for the user to select.

It would have been handy for a recent use case: in Switzerland, govt
announcements need to be made in three languages, simultaneously, and
without favour to any one language.

e.