On 24/3/06 3:21 AM, "Anne van Kesteren" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> <author><name><![CDATA[Bertrand Caf&eacute;]]></name></author>
>>
> Even if it was "HTML" you couldn't really use the entity, could you? I think
> you have to use a character reference or the actual character instead, yes.

It's true that XML has only a half dozen or so entities defined, meaning
most interesting entities from html can't exist in XML ... unless maybe they
are wrapped like in CDATA block like above?

I'm getting the data by scraping an html page, so I'm expecting it to be
acceptable html code, including html entities.

e.