Mark Nottingham wrote:
>[snip]
>>As it stands now, a single feed
>>cannot implement APP, OpenSearch AND Feed History.
>
> Please describe the scenario where you'd want that to happen -- show the
> feed.

The feed(s) are part of our open activities implementation and are
available via our APP interop endpoint [1].  Our APP collection feeds
are also the feeds people subscribe to and search with (e.g. any of our
feeds accept querystring parameters to filter the feed results).
Requesters can set the page size as a querystring, if the result set is
larger than the page size, the feed is automatically paged using
first/last/next/previous.  The fact that our entries are sorted in
reverse chronological order makes us compliant with APP, but makes it
impossible for clients to use the Feed History algorithm  (current has a
next but no previous).

- James

[1] http://www.imc.org/atom-protocol/mail-archive/msg04795.html