I don't really want to get into a lot of detail here (it's not the
proper forum for it). The project will provide a Java-language Atom
parser, APP client, and some APP server side code with the goal of
providing as complete an implementation as possible.

And regarding the choice of the XML parser... again, that's not
something I want to get into here.

- James