On 2006/06/07, at 4:26 AM, James Holderness wrote:

I'm going to reserve judgement until I see what exactly it is you're proposing, but I'm not particularly keen to change our existing implementation.

Understood. I've been reluctant to change the spec for just that reason, but the split has become pretty apparent.

Our of curiosity, do you know of *any* client applications that actually support feed paging? Or have expressed an intention to support feed paging? By client application I mean something a user can download and install on their system and use as a feed reader. Last time I checked I couldn't find any on Windows. Is there better support on Linux and Macs?

I think most of the use cases for paging have to do with things like GData, OpenSearch, etc -- i.e., query results. That sort of thing isn't targetted at desktop aggregators AFAICT; it seems to be more for machine->machine communication, or for browsing a result set.