On 18 Oct 2006, at 16:10, John Panzer wrote:

My assumption: Tim is correct. The server controls atom:updated. While
the client is required to provide a valid atom:updated element, the
server can (and in most cases will) ignore that value.

Completely disagree.
If the server controls atom:updated then what was the point of the whole discussion of app:edited? the client controls app:edited. It is the client who decides what if there was a significant change.
The server controls app:edited. Any edit, changes app:edited.

I think you have a typo somewhere in the above.

Duh. You are right. I wish there were unit tests for typing docs. Why is it one always has to test everything in life?

I meant:

If the server controls atom:updated then what was the point of the whole discussion of app:edited? The client controls atom:updated. It is the client who decides what a significant change is.

The server controls app:edited. Any edit changes app:edited.

Henry