2006/11/2, Henry Story:

On 2 Nov 2006, at 08:59, Thomas Broyer wrote:
> [redirecting to atom-syntax]

This is also a protocol issue, because we are asking what to do with
the information in the atom feed. [1]

Not sure how atom-protocol is concerned but let's keep it in
atom-protocol too...

> 2006/11/1, Houghton,Andrew:
>>
>>   concept scheme URI: http://my.scheme.net/my-vocabulary/
>>   concept URI:        http://my.concept.net/my-vocabulary/13745
> <category
>   scheme="http://my.scheme.net/my-vocabulary/";
>   term="http://my.concept.net/my-vocabulary/13745";
>   label="cats"
>   />

Thomas, I don't think that this is a natural reading of "term" in the
atom syntax list.

Andrew Houghton was talking about SKOS (which I don't know anything
about) and said:
[[
However, in SKOS you have a URI to the concept "cats", period.
You could map the domain to be the SKOS concept scheme's URI
and use the concepts label as the category content in Atom.  But
concatenating the SKOS concept scheme URI and the concept label
doesn't necessarily produce the URI to the concept.  For example,
in SKOS you might have the following:

concept scheme URI: http://my.categories.net/
concept URI for cats: http://my.categories.net/13745
concept label for cats: cats
]]

My answer is a bare mapping of this description into an atom:category element.

[[
The "term" attribute is a string that identifies the category to
which the entry or feed belongs. Category elements MUST have a "term"
attribute.
]]

nowhere is there mentioned a IRI there,

IRIs are not forbidden either, and Andrew's description makes me think
the "concept URI" *is* the "term".

--
Thomas Broyer