On Fri, 05 Jan 2007 05:22:30 +0100, Tim Bray <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

John Cowan wrote:

Am I right in thinking that content which is in fact in XML but
is labeled with a media type that is neither generic XML nor
ends in "+xml" cannot be included inline in an Atom entry?
The NewsML community (which uses the registered media-type
text/vnd.IPTC.NewsML) is concerned about this.

We've already discussed this in another thread, but since the question is asked in a different way here, I'd like to answer it again. John is partly right, but only because NewsML neither has a namespace nor an XML MIME type. If it had either, embedding it as XML in Atom would be no problem at all.

Thus, my conclusion is that this is a problem with NewsML and not with Atom.

--
Asbjørn Ulsberg     -=|=-    http://virtuelvis.com/quark/