@rel=alternate, @type=application/xml+atom links to the Entry

I couldn't find enough information in the RFC about which way to go.
Which would you choose, and why?

#1, because:

a. I understand "self" as "myself"

b. rel="self" was initially added –even though that does not appear in
the spec– so that feed readers do not have to know the IRI where the
feed was downloaded, they can just read a byte-stream and the
feed-level <link rel="self" .../> will tell them that IRI. For
entry-level such links, I would expect the same: where could I
download this "file" when nobody gave me its IRI?

--
Thomas Broyer