On Fri, 2008-12-12 at 20:46 +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 01:01:08AM -0500, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> > So... I *finally* have had some time to beat on firewire again... A few
> > patches to libraw1394 and one to mythtv, and now things finally work
> > using the juju firewire stack with firewire cable boxes.
> > libraw1394-2.0.0-5 for f10 and rawhide and libraw1394-1.3.0-11 for f9
> > have the necessary fixes, and I just committed the necessary mythtv
> > fixes to mythtv svn tonight.
>
> is this API/ABI compatible or does one need to rebuild mythtv and all
> packages depending on libraw1394?

Its all API/ABI compatible, but the new libraw1394 packages have already
been pushed as stable updates, and you obviously need to rebuild MythTV
to get the benefit of the MythTV patch, so I presume you'd wind up
building w/the new one anyway. :)

Ah, but you might really be asking "do I need a version-specific
Requires: libraw1394 >= xyz". Technically, you don't, but I'd put one
in, because FireWire support is basically unusable w/the earlier
versions.

--jarod