Hi Hongwei, just for the record, let me put down some offline discussions.

1. Programmers can decide how a literal is parsed, or even write some
plugins to parse some custom literals. For instance, 1 can be interpreted
as int, nat, and int(1) etc. Programmers should be able to either turn a
knob, or annotate the literal, to switch among interpretations.
2. Some meta-programming supports via templates. E.g. `derive` of Haskell.
3. Formalization of templates.
4. Module systems.
5. Session types :)
6. Modular design of the whole tool chain. E.g. parsing, type equality,
constraints solving, template dispatch, type erasure, etc.
7. Maybe database-based compilations? We can store compiled blocks as a
(hash, binary IR) pairs in some file-based databases, for easy reuse. Not
sure how feasible it is.
8. Interpreter, REPL, language servers, documentation tools, standard
libraries, type inference, etc.
9. More importantly, a process for open source contribution.

Exciting!