On Sat, Oct 20, 2018 at 1:42 PM Vanessa McHale <vanessa.mch...@iohk.io> wrote:
> Cross-compilation is in decent shape even with ATS2, at least on Debian.

Thanks. I hope ATS3 also do that.

> I have built binaries for many platforms you can imagine, including
> Redox https://github.com/vmchale/illiterate/releases

Wow! Literate programming for ATS!!!
I believe you are the best architect of ATS ecosystem. Best balance.

> As for package management - that I hope to handle (in part) myself. I
> have a much better grasp of ATS now and so I can read the canonical
> parser/lexer and should be able to write a better language library:
> https://github.com/vmchale/language-xats

Are you writing above library without any documentation? Just reading
Hongwei's code?
I think your parser is useful for me to understand ATS3 language.

> The dependency resolution (and some of the cross-compiling/caching edge
> cases) for atspkg are broken, but I think I can fix much of that when
> writing xpkg :)

Thanks. Great.

> As for an assembler backend - that may be out of my area of expertise
> but there are relatively few places where GCC/C is not expressive
> enough. I'd love to see ATS genuinely beat C, but the opportunities for
> doing so seem sparse - only FORTRAN and C++ (or maybe J) do this reliably.

I also like C backend. My motivation is based on waning debugable binary
with ATS3 such using DWARF. Such assembler backend with LLVM may be
useful than swapping C's DWARF with own ATS own DWARF. Maybe.

Best,
--
Kiwamu Okabe at METASEPI DESIGN