Uwe Brauer <o...@mat.ucm.es> writes:

>     > I do as many local commits as necessary.  If it takes longer to
>     > finish my work, I "git pull --rebase" so that my commits stay on
>     > top.  When I’m done, I do "git rebase -i" and squash my commits
>     > into one.  This is also the time I do the ChangeLog messages for
>     > the commit message by extracting them from the diff of my
>     > changes.
>
> Just to understand this, you do all this on the master branch?

Yes.

> You don't have a private one for you own stuff?

No.

> What if you work on two things at the same time?

In that case, I'd have multiple branches.  But the procedure wouldn't
change.  I'd still rebase that branch onto master and squash all commits
into one.  And then this last commit gets a commit message with
ChangeLog and omitting all comments I just took for myself while
developing that feature.

Bye,
Tassilo