No worries, thank you for clarification.

I ran |C-h v| with |auto-fill-function| as an argument (while in AUXTeX mode), and I got its value as nil.

Thanks,
Kourosh

Okay, then it looks like a new behavior indeed. It appears that the \frametitle command was never actually indented, but rather auto-filled, which had the side effect of indenting it. Now auctex checks whether the user actually wants to auto-fill before doing so.

I would say that it is a bug and that indentation should be considered (or done) regardless of auto-filling.

Modifying the behavior in your configuration is a bit awkward, because (afaik) you have to copy the whole (TeX-add-style-hook "beamer" ...) form from <auctex installation folder>/style/beamer.el, and make the change. If you want to go that route, adding (indent-according-to-mode) before the lines saying ";; This works because \frametitle is a paragraph command." should work (untested).

Best wishes,

Thibaut