On Fri, May 5, 2023 at 5:58 PM Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.z...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, May 5, 2023 at 4:17 PM Arash Esbati <ar...@gnu.org> wrote:
> >
> > Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.z...@gmail.com> writes:
> >
> > > Perhaps the simplest solution is to use the cape to interface to
> > > well-developed backends.
> >
> > Please feel free to try it out; maybe you report back how good it works
> > with other available backends.  I'd be curious to know how good
> > completion for package names in \usepackage{<point-here>} and
> > corresponding package options works.
>
> My previous experience of such completions has been based on specific
> backends of company-mode. It seems that they do not provide package
> options completion.
>
> > I suspect that in your other message[1], you wanted to complete to
> > 'hyperref';
>
> Yes.
>
> > that's a good example for your experiments.
>
> I got the inspiration from the discussions below, but it still seems
> complicated to me to figure them out completely:
>
> Using Corfu and Company simultaneously in different modes.
> https://github.com/minad/corfu/issues/321
>
> In-buffer completion for normal text/word with ispell + corfu + orderless.
> https://github.com/minad/corfu/issues/323

And also the shockingly powerful description of cape given in its document [1]:

Cape has the super power to transform Company backends into Capfs and
merge multiple Capfs into a Super-Capf! These transformers allow you
to still take advantage of Company backends even if you are not using
Company as frontend.

[1] https://github.com/minad/cape#capeel---let-your-completions-fly