Re: number of blind people who have adopted Android and/or own an Android

Ok folks...
Before we dive in to some, lets say, popping of flaming popcorn which is not necessary, I'd suggest folks who are totaly  new to the android world, should check out the following 3 sites:

Demystifying Android
Android From An Accessible Point Of View
Eyes-Free Android Accessibility Documentation

Ah, I can't forget links to the Official" home of the
Eyes-Free Project
, and the
Eyes-Free Blog

Ah, someone was talking about using Firefox with TalkBack. Have a look at Mozilla's
How to use TalkBack support in Firefox for Android for accessibility
page.
Might as well give the
Google Products Accessibility Page
, which includes chrome.