Re: Goodreads: Social Network for Readers

Fantasybookreview.co.uk the site I write reviews on a more serious basis for often links to goodreads.
The site looked okay, however I didn't like the fact you just got a bunch of reviews from random people about each given book, it seemed I had to go through a lot of

"This is a very good book because it's characters are good you should read it because it is good" type reviews before I got to someone who would express an interesting, evaluative opinion.

I do like the sounds of the top list features though, although I'm not a social network person either, I enjoy reading reviewer's opinions when it's a reviewer who expresses themselves well, ditto with articles and lists, but goodreads seemed to have a lot of random clutterage as with many social networks.

Then again it might be that I just saw the wrong books and the intelligent discussions were elsewhere.