Re: A Harry Potter fanfiction idea I have.

hi,
the idea sounds a bit strange, but if you are ever getting around writing it, --- good luck.

honestly enough, I don't just like the idea of fan fiction. the original books are truly better than their fan fiction alternatives, and reading the original books again and again is a fairly great experience.
then what's the need for someone to imagine something which is different from the plot of the original series and put all that down in words to post on a fan fiction site.

well, I wouldn't want to criticise the hard work and effort put by some people in making huge fan fic series and such, but still I think there should be a limitation.

there are hundreds of thousands of hp stories on these sites but not many of them good ones. I tried reading a few of the stories both from the site and a fan fic folder but none of them sounded appealing enough. for example, there were 2 stories by a user which involved a slight alteration at the beginning, including harry being provided with a few memories at his encounter, which originally belonged to tom riddle and the way they interfered with his Hogwarts studies. besides, the pace of the story was so unstable that one moment there would be a certain event, and the other moment the paragraph will start narrating about something totally different. reading a few pages felt like a disfigured piece of writing with bits taken from here and there and put together, with no  precise ordering and background behind a particular scene. besides, the stories didn't feel like what is supposed to be a real and worthwhile experience.

I believe that might be the case with an average short story, where almost anyone would go about writing from their own prospective and with a quest for making the characters behave the way they want
or fantasise about. as everyone does possess a distinctive  imagination and style of writing, therefore, a few stories could con tain  scenic description equal to none, whereas a huge amount of the stories may sound absurd or senseless, not forgetting the widely known character pairing aspect as well

a bunch of good and well written series would have taken their respective writers a plenty of time and hours of coordination to make them reasonable. while searching for entries which stretch over 5000 words, or 10000, the disappointment is indeed fairly less because the quality of the works seems on a good track. otherwise, I tried reading a few like a black comedy although only read a few pages and the other had an account of tom riddle and the work basically dealt with exploring his character from childhood to his rise and so on and so forth. the above works asumingly written by mature and serious writers should be worth enjoyment for many, although I disagree with the idea of just anyone randomly creating a user profile for submitting their own creations , including some teenagers and many being no t  good enough as far as quality is considered.
I'm not trying to blame anyone over here, but a simple fact worth noting that fan fiction is more enjoyable when written carefully by someone who's skilled at writing and acquainted with the original books. as a possible alternative another site might be dedicated to such popular works which are worth a read or the other short stories may be brought to a different section or site. but either way it doesn't matter if the whole site is flooded with   the average entries, --- well that's why  sorting options are available! aren't they?
. I've no idea about the others but fan fiction site has loads of entries. but then, I'm not as experienced as compared to other members on the forum, probably having not read the important ones let alone other short ones. but these were my thoughts as of now, anyway.

regards.

  p.s. that's all for a little rant, apolog ies in advance in case someone decides to take a little offence by the above.