Re: OneDrive Users: Changes for the Worse

@gellman: I don't disagree that you should get what you pay for, but I do think greed is playing a big part here. If you signed up for the explicit and sole purpose of consuming space without regard for the bandwidth and storage requirements you are imposing, and you don't know to do otherwise, then I think you're part of the problem.

It's like mobile data plans. When they are "Unlimited", you are excused for believing that you can use all the data you need, but not for replacing your home broadband connection with mobile connectivity, tethering all your devices to it, and then using all the data you can possibly use. Again, you know full well that bandwidth is constrained, and unless you are following whatever rules are most likely to constrain your use (not tethering, for example) then you're clearly consuming a resource at the expense of other customers. And no, I have no love for "Unlimited" mobile data either; data is data an d promising something you can't deliver, however it's used, is dishonest.

OneDrive had no business selling "Unlimited" storage, and anybody greedy and/or stupid enough to hurl vast quantities of data up into the cloud without regard for others got a well-deserved kick, IMO.

But I'll give you that those who didn't know didn't deserve it. I hope the PR disaster coming Redmond's way hurts them, too.