Re: Right to die and quality of life

Hi all.
[[wow]] another interesting issue filled topic for the masses, one of the reasons I like this great forum.
Ok so my view.
I agree if you are old and sick and have no hope of life you should be allowed to die.
I also agree that if you are born ie without a brain or with disabilities so bad that your quality of life, scratch that, your life or chances there of are basically nill.
I have a friend born autistic, hole in the head, basically a child.
Can't walk well not far, can hear, and see but may as well can't, can't speak.
Dumb as and with no future.
Her parents split up after her birth.
Her mum has thought about suiside many times and has headakes and such the effort to care for this person is such that it is needed constantly both finantially and otherwise.
There is no future, yet she can not be allowed to die either at birth or now.
She has rights that she can never use.
Its worse keeping her aliv e.
I have another story about someone a friend knows through their vocational activities that is fed on a tube.
He has no life! what right do we have to keep him alivve?
On the other side I see the issue of who has the right.
In the early days round when I was born in the early 80s we had just come into mainstream for school etc.
And at that time there were people that said all disabled should be killed at birth or abborted.
While at face value anything not normal should die really does leave a lot out of the picture.
If everyone can die, we need to make sure it can't be abused.
There are various countries like china and I think india according to the news that still kill children because they are not the right gender etc.
And while that may be on the extreme end, closer to home, imagine if you have a disabled child and are affraid or ashamed of stigma or simply wanting to not bother with it.
You could have the situation where p eople just kill what is not normal and thats a problem.
Also if the disabled can be killed, why have rights at all, just kill them all!
We don't want this.
We don't want 1 or 2 people to make a decision either especially if the person can't choose to die themselves.
And if it is misused that person should be punnished for not following the procedure.
I stop at saying someone being done for murder but maybe the equivilant to doing something without the concent like in the case of rape or information misuse or something.
This could cause argument in the family to but we would have to have some systems in place to stop things going to far.
I have read articles on disabled giving birth, who should die, etc.
And I guess if you are brain dammaged in such a way you have no hope of life or can never live a life that you should just die.
If you can't walk, or move your arms and have to be fed and attended to because you can 9;t do it your self maybe you should be allowed to die.
But I would think you whould have to be a multi disabled person to even qualify to have the right to die.
We don't want a single disabled person to die unless its the brain ofcause and vary bad.
I have autistic friends with various issues, they can still function though.
And so we need a line somewhere.
Thats my view anyway.
In reality will this ever get solved?
Probably not in our lifetime.
There are what I mentioned and then there is the religious folk.
Now being born a christian myself though I don't go to church I know the basics.
Sadly weather your a christian, muslam or worshiper of evil or something whatever race you are what ever religion you are there are extremeists.
And to be honest there are a lot of them, quite a few are in america and maybe there are others.
There are a few dodgy people round this country, probably in every country.
There w ill be those that think that the status quoe should continue.
Others that wouldn't have any issue knifing a disabled.
Point is we need to make sure the right people get in and handle this and not some nutter!
Also, if a person has disabilities themselves, they shouldn't have the right to decide.
I don't mean totally all of us handycaps but those with mental disorders may not be the best.
Also those of us with bias towards that person etc.
Another and the biggest issue will to convince the outside people on the issue.
We may have to face it that it may never be resolved totally.
That is yes a solution will be found out, no it will not convice everyone its wrong or right.
There will be loopholes, and many will fall through the cracks such as they are in any new system.
And the system will probably totally fail at some point and we will have to rebuild it.
As with everything that exists in this world.
This issue has never gone away and it comes up and drops back and it will continue for a while yet.
No one has full solutions, though evedence can be produced for both sides.
Now there are countries allowing this right allready not in the west though.
On the other side of this though are animals.
If your dog is sick it can cost as much to get it sorted as it does a human.
On the other hand if your dog is sick there isn't a problem on getting it killed off, just go and kill it.
Because I know the right is there I may be inclined to take the easy option.
My point is, us humans will take the easy option especially if it means not using our heads.
I know because I have done this myself.
Maybe thats the problem we should decide what we want to keep and chuck and make stuff that are good quality and not so cheap you can make a quick buck before deciding if we should kill ourselves off by pushing a button.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : gellman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Theo via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : gellman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : wanderer via Audiogames-reflector