Re: Best Approved Portable Eloquence-NVDA Strategy

ahoy all

Aminiel wrote:

By the way, given that you have less issues with the pirated version than the legally bought one, and that the pirated version is much easier to install, they shouldn't be surprised if their software is cracked (Hi FS, this remark is also for you)
This is a reality: the more constraining piracy protection you put in your software, the more piracy will be attempted. But sadly, nobody is ready to accept it as a fact.

+1

as for Would I pay for the eloquence vocalizer addon? At least I wouldn't. A free alternative already exists that being the nvda eloquence addon and I myself am quite happy with it. even if there were no nvda eloquence addon I still would not buy it from CF as it stands now. I think Exodus put it right

what happens when the home it insists on phoning doesn't exist anymore

The prices at which these things are sold at are a bit too much for me, but still now and then if I like the product enough I end up buying them I.E ivona voices, but I certainly wouldn't buy  a product no matter how good it was if it insisted on my device being connected to the internet even though its once in a month. what happens if the company that' sold you the product decides to close up?(like ivona)
the money gos down the drain. For some that might not be that much of a issue,but for me it certainly is.

It is a good thing that for the ivona voices and reader all you need to do is have a key and setup to register and it doesn't have to call home every 30 days to stay active,either.
Is a crack for ivona voices available? I.E can they be pirated? you bet they can be. Will more people end up buying ivona than a product with stupid registration and activation? I at least would be one of them.
To companys like CF who put in such a system for activation all I have to say is this.
People who pirate will pirate you can't do nothing about that, some can't pay so they wouldn't be your potential customers anyway,some would rather not and just look for a pirated version or just do without again not the type of people that'd buy your product, aye some would have bought that product but sinse a pirated version is available they would do without buying. In this you lose sales, true but if you have a terrible registration method many people that would've actually bought your product would rather not buy it and deal with a system that's to put it lightly a pain in the arse.
grryf

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : coltonhill01 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : coltonhill01 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Aminiel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Exodus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Trenton Goldshark via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Trenton Goldshark via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector