Re: When is a business to big? FS in another Merger?

I can certainly see why lots of people prefer to use NVDA. Having switched to using it exclusively myself just a few months ago, there are a whole lot of features it has that I like. And it takes up a third of the space that Jaws would.

That's my main beef with Jaws at this point, honestly. NVDA, with all its add-ons and customizations, which may or may not be of interest to all end users, don't take up hundreds of megabytes of space. And yes, I realize that, with modern hard drives, megabytes are basically just water under the bridge. Furthermore, NVDA does sometimes have a nasty habit of burning up a lot of system resources. This problem seems to be less prominent in Windows 10, or perhaps it's the new version of NVDA itself that's fixed this issue, but I have to say that it just flies along at a breakneck speed that Jaws could never match.

The thing is, it depends on your needs. In the corporate world, it's true that Jaws is still ahead. The re's a lot of custom software that has had Jaws scripts written for it. But how much farther along would blind people be on the road of gainful employment if NVDA had come out as the top dog years ago, and had remained free? If employers wouldn't have to be wary about shelling out a whole bunch of cash just to hire someone, perhaps the grim 70% statistic wouldn't remain so rock solid.