Re: FF: your favorite addons

I also love down them all, just remember to set it up for maximum results using the options found in tools, Down them all tools, preferences.  You'll need your NVDA cursor to read the labels of some of the option sliders, but doing so is totally worth it.
Also remember to enable 1click, and if you do so, to have DTA minimize on start, to give a sound alert and slide notification when complete, and to automatically close without the go to location prompt popping up when done.\
You can also safely close FF when DTA is running.

If you have a system with less than 6GB RAM, try Memory fox, it helps, especially with lag on launch.
So does Fasterfox if you have a slower connection, 5 megabits or less, even though some of the vital options are a bit advanced.
Vacuum places is good to run now and then if your regular cash and history cleaning isn't speeding things up like usual.

Flashgot, which you can integrate with DTA if you hav e it for better speed, and Save images, are both useful for getting media that doesn't want to be gotten, or just for mass downloading useful stuff like pictures for a project from Wikipedia.

I like to use Addblock plus for my add blocker because it's easy to customize, but there are lots of other good choices out there.

I use the Tore flashproxy badge and have never had any security problems because of it, but that's a personal choice, however, I highly suggest you take a look at it all the same.

I gotta go try Ublock now...